|Latest Hot Threads FIF|
|14th October 2012, 22:07||#1|
Nokia Care Suite 5.0 [2012.40.5.8]
New features in the Care Suite 5.0
- Support for new products: RM-832, RM-838, RM-843, RM-844, RM-852, RM-862, RM-863, RM-864, RM-872, RM-873, RM-889, RM-898, RM-907, RM-911
- FiRe download solution is renewed. (ECL is re-written).
Changes & Error corrections from previous version
- Windows XP operating system is not supported.( This release is not tested on Windows XP but it can work on XP.)
- Change to Babel crash files sending is done: Crash file will be checked from the device only once per client session.
When Fire connection is offline: Lets remove crash file from the device and store it only to the PC
- Fix to this error in WP7 Multi refurbish is done: Refresh different connection in FuseUI has caused refurbish fail. It is now fixed.
- Automatic application update will be now also possible.
- Failed Phone info rows are not shown.
Offline installation: Uninstall previous version (2012.22.1) manually before installing this version.
Only the new Common Data Package Location (SR1315) is supported by default. If you need to use other Data Package Locations, they need to be added to the preferences manually.
Do not use Care Suite 4.0 and 5.0 simultaneously. They can be installed on the same PC and launched from the Nokia Application Launcher but not run at the same time.
If it seems that all features are not available on the left hand side of the screen, please click the small arrow next to the list. More features will be shown. This may happen if your screen is not maximized.
Lumia / Windows phones will reboot when they are disconnected please wait for the phone to restart
Installation of FUSE drivers may take a long time. Therefore it is recommended that the Windows Automatic Driver Installation is disabled from the Control panel. Please go to Windows Control Panel -> System ->Advanced System Settings ->Hardware ->Device Installation Settings and select Never install driver software from Windows Update
PC must be connected to network, meaning that Ethernet cable must be connected to PC and connection needs to be configured to work properly. PC must be able to connect to for example internal network, but it is not necessary that PC has an online connection to Internet.
Known errors & limitations
FLS-5 Drivers included in the installation package do not support 64-bit WIndows operating systems. Therefore Care Suite PST can not be used for servicing phones which use FLS-5 (USB_FBUS) connection.
Please do not use diacritical signs when selecting installation path for NCS.
Recovery or Refurbishment Flashing for Lumia Series Devices may fail on first attempt. Please try again, it works the second time around
Pictures will disappear during Series 40 device SW Update. This is related to product specific data package configuration Asha drivers dont install when devices are connected via USB hub (on win7). Hub works if user installs drivers first via straight USB connection.
PST release 5.0 can be installed on the same PC with all current Nokia Service Software Applications, but simultaneous use with earlier PST version 4.0 is not possible
RM-596, RM-601, RM-609, RM-626, RM-639, RM-640, RM-659, RM-662, RM-670, RM-675, RM-679, RM-691, RM-692, RM-693, RM-694
RM-696, RM-702, RM-704, RM-707, RM-714, RM-718, RM-724, RM-725, RM-730, RM-749, RM-750, RM-754, RM-761, RM-763, RM-766
RM-767, RM-768, RM-772, RM-774, RM-775, RM-776, RM-779, RM-781, RM-799, RM-800, RM-801, RM-802, RM-803, RM-807, RM-808
RM-809, RM-810, RM-811, RM-812, RM-813, RM-819, RM-823, RM-827, RM-832, RM-834, RM-835, RM-836, RM-837, RM-849, RM-871
RM-884, RM-838, RM-843, RM-844, RM-852, RM-862, RM-863, RM-864, RM-872, RM-873, RM-889, RM-898, RM-907, RM-911
- PST and Multi SW updater is by default online when installing on a clean machine. Existing configuration file is not overwritten so in case you have PST and multi sw updater existing, please go to File -> Preferences -> Network to change the application startup mode.
- Modifiable AT&T refurbish XML log files location is done. Log format and location can be selected in Preferences.
- Better solution of CDMA support for refurbish log is implemented: An extra xml node is added to product configuration to determine the cdma device and create a shared plugin that will share this information to everyone who needs it.
- CDMA Settings plug-in that can be managed with device specific feature configuration is done. CDMA info is shown only for: RM-802 and RM-836.
- Support for .NET 4.0 is added.
- Recovery instructions with device pictures for Nokia Lumia devices are added.
- Battery level check for RM-696 is added.
- Audio loopback test is removed.
- Recovery plug-in is disabled for Prommer connections. Recovery has to be done via direct USB.
- Minor modification to sw update logo is done.
- Troubleshooting tool (Envira) is added to Care Suite Application Launcher. It can be now run separately
- Product Code Change plug-in is renamed to Language Package Change. Please note that this plug-in doesnt interact with Tucson so real product code change cant be done with this plug-in. (Only selected software content can be flashed using this option.)
- Selftests Overview text in UI is changed to inform user to execute self-tests in local mode instead of test mode.
- Tone Generator tests are limited to Speaker and IHF (earlier Buzzer).
- Support for new products: RM-714, RM-766, RM-767, RM-768, RM-806, RM-884.
- Also, support for all products supported by the latest Testing and Tuning tool release are added in this release
-Support for new products: RM-696, RM-724, RM-725, RM-802, RM-807, RM-810, RM-811, RM-827, RM-832, RM-833, RM-834, RM-835, RM-836, RM-849, RM-837, RM-871
-Full feature set enabled for RM-761, RM-763, RM781, RM-799, RM-800, RM-813, RM-807,
-Multi SW Updater is enabled.(It is not enabled for all devices.) The recommendation is to use it with up to five devices that are the same model and start the refurbish to every device simultaneously.
-CDMA Phone Info for Lumia CDMA devices is added.
-CDMA phone info added also to refurbish log.
-Recovery is enabled also for Nokia Lumia 800
-AT&T refurbish XML format is supported also in Multi SW Updater.
-Camera configuration for RM-724, RM-725 is added.
-FiRe online functionality is enabled
-Life Timer display for Lumia devices is supported
Changes & Error corrections from previous version
PC must be on-line in a sense that at least Ethernet connection with internal network or other PC needs to be configured and working. Internet connection is not required.
Driver installation for Fuse drivers takes very long time so windows automatic driver installation is recommended to be disabled.
Go to: Control Panel -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Hardware -> Device Installation Settings-> Never install driver software from Windows Update.
The necessary functionality of NokiaUsbReqTool.zip is integrated into this release.
It is meant for resolving occasional Lumia refurbish failure on Windows XP machines.
The root cause of the refurbish failure is that device driver installation cant be finished in time on XP.
Device gives timeout after 30 seconds. After driver installation has failed once, every retry will fail on the same port with the similar devices.
With NokiaUsbReqTool.zip, serial number can be ignored with device PID. In practice it means that drivers will be installed only once per physical port.
When servicing Nokia Windows Phones / Lumia Series devices Microsoft Zune installation is not required anymore
|The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to EDOComSel For This Useful Post:||
agus221 (6th December 2012), Ahmad Syaikhon (15th October 2012), AKBAR CELLULAR (14th October 2012), bagoes_2006 (15th October 2012), chaerudin (14th October 2012), jay79 (15th October 2012), Moh.ihsan (27th February 2013), Police_Hp (15th October 2012), putraponsel (16th October 2012), virgo cell (11th December 2012), ~ALBART~ (15th October 2012)